Monday 27 October 2008

Today is a sad day as the textile world mourns the passing of one of their greatest artists. When Julia and Alex interviewed me for the degree course it was she that gave me the confidence that 'I could do it' and since then has continued to support me (amongst so many others) in all my textile endeavours. For those of us who were lucky enough to be her students she leaves a gaping hole and all we can do now is continue on the path she created for us and send our love and support to Alex and her family.

4 comments:

sharon young said...

I just received the news myself, Chrissy, and I'm so very shocked and saddened that we have lost such a wonderfully inspirational person. And of course it is a huge loss for her family.
I think the words at the end of your post say it all.

Karen said...

Oh goodness - I am quite shocked as I have been a bit out of touch with the world of embroidery - she was truly inspirational.
K

Judy Martin said...

Well said Chrissy. We all feel loss.

Gina said...

We obviously both had the same experience at our interview Chrissie - it was Julie that made me believe in myself. A great loss.