Wednesday 25 November 2009

All Grown Up

I don't really remember too much about the 25th November 1991, I spent most of the time quite out of it in a hospital bed.That's because what I thought was a kidney infection about 6 months earlier actually turned out to be a baby girl. After 14 years of trying, 2 lost babies and being told it was very unlikely I would ever carry a baby to term I had actually produced this child. I had spent about 5 months in and out of hospital to get to that point but she was stubborn and hung on in there until she was delivered by Cesarean section about a month early.
So today she is 18 years old . She hasn't had the easiest road to adulthood not least suffering a serious back injury when she was about 2 and pneumonia in her first year at school. But as usual she's hung on in there and pushed through.
She has become a beautiful,gentle, kind and hardworking young woman. Oh She can still try the patience of a saint at times and argue for England but if she is wrong she'll always admit it (and I still get a cuddle sometimes.).She has a huge army of really good friends to make up for her lack of family and a fierce ambition to be a nurse in her heart. We are so very proud of her.
So Happy 18th Birthday Kirsty- may this just be the start of a wonderful life.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'd far rather have a lovely baby than a kidney infection! Happy Birthday Kirsty and good luck with the nursing career.

Miriam Weaver said...

Happy 18th Birthday Kirsty!

Gina said...

Happy 18th Birthday Kirsty... may all your dreams come true!