Wednesday 30 December 2009

Happy New Year

So that was Christmas was it? actually considering the events that have led up to Christmas this year it wasn't too bad. Now the turkey has been consumed,the champagne drunk and the Christmas cake crumbled and life can nearly return to normal, whatever that is. Today is the husband's birthday so that requires more food and then there's NYE tomorrow which as usual is being 'celebrated' here so even more food to do (& eat) for that so I think a serious diet will be in force in January.
And I can't wait to clear the decks- I enjoy decorating the house for Christmas but I even more enjoy ripping it all down again as it means next stop SPRING!
But before then I have to get to grips with my dissertation - oh help, perhaps I say with Christmas a bit longer.
Happy 2010 to you all!

4 comments:

Gina said...

I can't wait to clear the decks too. Looking forward to some kind of normality where washing machines and boilers work! Glad you managed to enjoy Christmas best wishes for 2010... hope it's a better one for you.

Miriam Weaver said...

Happy New Year to you too! Like you I can't wait to get the tree and decorations down. The house always looks so clean and fresh, well for a day or so anyway!

Judy Martin said...

Happy New Year Christine.
How wonderful that you are already doing your dissertation.

Purple Missus said...

Happy New Year Chris.
Glad I'm not the only one who can't wait to get back to 'normal'. :)