Friday 9 April 2010

Was That Easter?

That was Easter wasn't it? I'm sure it was as I remember that somewhere there was chocolate and a really long traffic jam other than that it passed in a dissertation fueled haze. But I don't care because I've done it (not the whole thing you understand -I'm not that lucky) but I've just posted the first draft off to my tutor and I can't do anything else until I get her feedback. That won't happen until teaching restarts at the beginning of May which means I get 3 whole weeks off! Of course it all might be rubbish and its bound to need considerable reworking but today, this minute -I don't care because I'm free! Free to stitch, to walk the dogs without dragging them back too soon, free from 7 hours a day at the computer and waking up with a head going round with facts and quotes and things I've forgotten, free to get the house clean (OK you can't have everything. )So what shall I do first?- maybe I'll just sail away and dream and sleep.....

4 comments:

Miriam Weaver said...

Cleaning house not so good,sailing away and dreaming sound fantastic!

Gina said...

Enjoy the break... and forget about the cleaning! See you later. x

Heather said...

Good idea - recharge your batteries and then tackle the chores. Hope you get good feedback. Love the Thames barge.

Judy Martin said...

I know exactly how you feel, Christine.
Sleeping is good.
And actually, cleaning house is good too. It's so nice to do something so completely domestic and useful that makes the energy around you flow.
I say this, because my house is completely totaled right now, but the little I did in the kitchen yesterday still cheers me up tonight.