Monday 3 January 2011

Happy New Decade!

Whoopee! Christmas is over at long last.The decorations are down and tomorrow I get my house back as Martin goes back to work and Kirsty starts her first nursing placement.Although we have a tiny close family we do have quite a few peripheral ones plus friends and I worked out that over the 'holiday period' I have entertained, cooked and generally run around after over 30 people. Invitations for me to be waited on or even made a coffee -0! can anyone wonder why I am not a Christmas fan?
OK enough moaning. This year I have decided to try and moan less and also not let myself be 'put upon' any more, no more Mrs. martyr.
When I wasn't cooking, massaging egos,cleaning, washing up, etc... (probably like every other mother/wife on the planet) I did manage to get a start on my fabric for my final piece and yesterday I finished producing 5 metres of needle felt (which has to have at least 3 complete passes under the machine to combine the various layers of different fibres). The old back is a bit stiff as I think it has taken about 24 hours in total but at least I can actually start the embroidery now, which is quite exciting.I'm really proud of my 12 needle Babylock Embellisher- everyone kept saying you need access to an industrial one to produce such lengths-well you don't. Lets hope it is up to the other 4 panels it will have to produce by the end.
So now its all systems go for 2011 and I can't wait.

5 comments:

Heather said...

You must learn to deligate! I'm a good one to talk - my husband still calls me Mother Hen and ours are all married and away from home. I love the picture of your work and good luck with the monster piece of needlefelt - it sounds fantastic.

Diane Kelsey said...

Miriam told me to sit on your hands at meetings so that you can't offer help. If that doesn't work have a back up line to say " actually I can't do that I'm just too busy at the moment." Good in theory. As for getting the family to help, I need suggestions.

Miriam Weaver said...

Actually it was Chris that gave me the advice in the first place, after a committee meeting we both attended. It sounded good advice so I passed it on. Shame that neither of us stuck to it isn't it Chris? Glad your making progress on your panels. If your up for a coffee this week I can pop in and in for a chat, I'll even make the coffee. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Gina said...

Happy New Year Chris!

Judy Martin said...

Looking good Chrissy. Good luck over the next few months as you prepare for your graduation exhibition.