Sunday 16 June 2013

A Diversion

So now the Seeking Artemis exhibition is over I have to start work on two other projects in earnest. The Material Girls project is called Tales and Textiles which involves each of us looking at another culture, their textile heritage, their stories and folktales and interpreting all of this in a way unique to each artist. I will reveal what culture I am looking at when I have something to show but I am at present I am desperately making the base fabrics for the five pieces of work I am creating for this. The reason for the haste? well I have a lot going on elsewhere at the moment.
Over the last few months we have had family health worries which could have involved surgery  fortunately it looks like 'conservative' treatment has worked for my daughter and my OH's consultant has decided on a similar course of action for him , so lots of physio,etc... but hopefully no knife, This has given us a window to get on with things domestic which have been put on hold.
Last week I got a chance to sort out the garden (with help- as the pic shows) which was lovely as I always feel so peaceful in the garden - or indeed anywhere outside where there are no people.
Then yesterday I finalised the order for my new kitchen which will mean gutting the whole room back to the 'bricks' and making the house a virtual no go zone for August. I'm not looking forward to it being in process but I am looking forward to it being finished. It also means I can have a great clear out of all the clutter (brilliant!).
Hence the haste to get the fabrics made, the design work done and then I can shut myself in a room (or garden if we ever see the sun again) and hand stitch while they tear the place apart.
Just to make you smile textile wise I have popped in a little fishy, part of one of my ongoing more commercial projects , to keep up the textile link for this blog. Meanwhile  sunday lunch cooking calls as we have to keep OH happy on Father's day.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good that your family's health problems can be sorted without surgery. Love the fishy design and your cat looks very relaxed by those lovely pots of flowers. Just having our kitchen redecorated was enough for me, but a total revamp will be so worthwhile. I am hoping for more sunshine too - I love sitting in the shade with some sewing.