Monday 1 October 2007

Spent and interesting Saturday in the British Museum. Tried to get tickets for the Terracotta Warriors but completely sold out, so visited all the areas I haven't been to in about 15 years. They certainly seem to have improved the place even my husband enjoyed it! There were some wonderful festival costumes on display and several modern pieces by African artists which have sparked off some ideas. However I still can't stand being in the Egyptian rooms and felt quite panicky until I was out of there. That film the Mummy has a lot to answer for!

1 comment:

sharon young said...

Hi Chrissy

What lovely costumes. I missed them last year when I did a work shop there with Opus. It's a great place to study as it 's really light and airy, but not reccomended on a weeekend!