Wednesday 10 June 2009

Tea and Textiles

The Tea and Textiles event went really well last Friday despite the fact that it rained all day on and off which meant we weren't able to hang work in the Garden. We had about 50 people in all- some were already ERTF members others came from EG, the degree course, quilters and even calligraphers. It was a great chance just to have some social interaction but although it was enjoyable I don't think I will be repeating the experience in the near future as the amount of work to put on this relatively small event was horrendous. I didn't get a chance to take any photos but one of the other Material Girls did so I'm going to try and post a couple of her images on this blog. The work is a complete mixture of levels from my group and some I'm afraid is quite old as we are saving our 'new stuff' for our next exhibition.
Now its down to the degree with a vengeance. Tomorrow I have my first proper tutorial for this module and I'm hoping my tutor will be able to sort out some of my confusion. I've also got an exhibition or art/degree associated event every weekend now until the end of August so its going to be even more hectic than usual.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great success. People don't always realise how much work goes into putting on an event of that kind. Hope your tutorial goes well.