Saturday 19 January 2008

Having recovered from OPUS assessment day I am at last able to get on with my work for the next Material Girls exhibition. We have each been allotted a famous artist and we are producing work in response to their art. Mine is Monet and I am responding to the way he used colour and light and how he would work quickly on several canvasses at once to record the changing light resulting in the same scene produced again and again at different times of day or season. It is proving an interesting exercise. I will post some pictures of the work in progress later.
We have also been asked to showcase at the Thames Chase Centre so tomorrow I'm going down to liaise with the organiser , it will only be a small exhibition but that will bring us up to 3 exhibitions in 2008 I just hope the girls are still talking to me when we meet next!

1 comment:

sharon young said...

Hi Chrissy
That sounds really great news, I'm sure everyone will be delighted, it's good to have a focus. You certainly don't take thing in the 'slow lane'.
Looking forward to seeing your Monet inspired pics.