Monday 5 July 2010

Well I'm back! Lyme and the weather this year was just spectacular, so hot some days you couldn't even walk on the sand. As the daughter wasn't with us we indulged ourselves in all the things we usually get moaned at for doing. Walks around gardens, hikes through the countryside, rambles around ancient castles and I even got to stitch on the beach!!!! I took lots of pictures suitable to be made into textiles once this degree is over and just chilled out.
But now we're back.... need I say more. The house is still standing ( although I am fishing vodka bottles out of strange places "of course there were no parties mum") and the cats aren't talking to the daughter although have decided to talk to us.
So its back to work - get the dissertation bound ready for marking and the practical work ready for assessment. I met up with a group of friends who are also colleagues to visit the JC graduate show before I went away so at least I could get some idea for how to approach it next year. It was a good day- apparently John Torode showed us to our table at lunch but I was talking so much I didn't notice - oops.

3 comments:

Gina said...

You certainly picked a good week! Glad you had a relaxing time... and that the house is still standing!

Diane Kelsey said...

Sounds like a great holiday. You just have to switch off to what is happening back home. As long as the house is still standing and nothing is missing you have to be thankful.

Heather said...

Your holiday sounds like paradise - stitching on the beach - what could be better. Hope you came home refreshed and ready to go again. Good luck with everything.