Wednesday 22 December 2010

The Ghost of Christmas Present

It's been another hectic week or so. I did find my Christmas spirit watching people whizz around the Ice Rink at Somerset House and then I promptly lost it again at the Moderation Day. Suffice it to say the meeting with AG was not an experience I would like to repeat and left all of us requiring stiff drinks in the bar afterwards. There are some issues I need to clear up with the college but they will have to wait until the new year now as everything hibernates for the next few weeks.
However, I met up with a couple of good friends from the course last Friday and we had a lovely day. First we visited the Aware:Art,Fashion and Identity exhibition at the Royal Academy GSK Contemporary, which was excellent and well worth a visit (or two). Then we had a lovely lunch at a great cafe in Piccadilly and a good gossip. Followed by a trip into Fortnum and Mason's just to drawl at the goodies on show. As I walked down to the station as evening drew in there were carol singers and snow began to fall covering the Mall and St.James Park turning it into fairyland.How could anyone not feel uplifted after a day like that- intellectually,spiritually and literally full up on good things and good company.
And yesterday despite the snow and a multitude of coughs and colds most of the Material Girls managed to gather together for our pre- Christmas lunch which has set us up to start the new year with a vengeance.
So no more 'Bah Humbug' just a great deal of thanks for the blessings I have received. I wish all of you out there in Blogland a peaceful Christmas and a joyful new year.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Wishing you a happy Christmas Chris and a successful New Year.

Miriam Weaver said...

Same to you. I was sorry to miss yesterday's lunch, but didn't think it fair to spread my germs, no one wont's this before Christmas! Much better today. We'll have a catch up after the new year.

Heather said...

Thankyou for the Christmas Woofs and every good wish for the New Year.