Tuesday 9 February 2010

what a week

The last week has just flown by. The exhibition is proving a great success I'm glad to say and there looks like there are going to be quite a few things born from it. I can't believe it comes down on Friday -2 weeks goes so quickly.
Poor Kirsty went down with a nasty sickness bug so the weekend was spent nursing so not a lot of spare time there, however, I have managed to get going again on the dissertation. Sarah Braddock Clarke (my tutor) seems quite enthusiastic with what I want to do and what I have I have done so far -so I've been given the green light to go ahead. And now the questionnaires I've sent out have started coming in and its really fascinating reading every one's take on the subject.
I've also taken on being the level 3 rep. for JCS- we always used to have student reps. on the board of studies with OPUS and JCS are now trying to start up this system again. I remember when I started it was really useful to have a rep. to approach and to keep you in touch so I thought it was only fair to take my turn in giving something back and I'm the nearest geographically so it makes sense.It really isn't an onerous task and I might get to know some of the students a bit better - always a bonus.
This morning I meet with 3 of the Material Girls to run through the talk we're going to give to Enfield EG on Saturday- its amazing how much you forget about when you start looking back but perhaps that's 'just my age'! - but until then its back to the books- after I've fed the animals of course.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Gosh, your weeks sound much like mine! Think a trip to the quilt show sounds like a good day out!

Heather said...

That's a lovely photo of your pets' food time. I feel quite tired after reading this post - you've so much reading to get through as well as being nurse, chief cook and bottle washer and probably more besides. Glad your tutor is happy with your plans and good luck with it all.