Wednesday 17 October 2007

I'm just emerging from a close encounter with the Miao again.Another sketchbook completed, two more to go for this module plus samples, finished items etc... sometimes I wonder why I do this. I've been looking at the fine quality of the stitching in my Miao pieces, they are so tiny the stitches they make my own work look clumsy. The Dogs are also looking a bit bemused as I am brushing them furiously at the moment because the next part of the module is to produce samples from waste that are inspired by the culture we are currently studying. Needless to say silk felt by the Miao equates to dog hair from Essex- not as quite so romantic is it!

1 comment:

sharon young said...

Sounds like fun, I know what you mean about the eternal question of "why am I doing this?", I ask myself that at least once a day.
Thought you might like to have a look at this artist's work, I think he spells hope to all of us beavering away in textiles and mixed media.

http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/artists/michael_raedecker.htm